Mastering Your Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Brand
Your resume, cover letter and personal brand speaks for you! In this course learn how to make sure they send sports employers the right message!
Make Sure Sports Employers See the Best Version of You.
Fact: Sports employers will see your materials before they ever see you.
They'll read your application, digest your cover letter, check your resume for appropriate skills and then dive into your social media accounts before you even know they're interested. They'll form an opinion on you before you've even had a chance to say, "Hello!"
Our goal in this course it to make sure sports employers see the best version of you. We want them to think, "I need to get to know this person more!" and we can do that, by mastering your portfolio items.
In this course we're going to teach you:
- Tips for crafting your resume
- How to use data to make your resume stand out
- Understanding applicant tracking systems and how to beat them
- How to write a cover letter employers want to read
- Improving your online image
- Using LinkedIn to power your personal brand
And much more!
The sports industry is a competitive environment to break into, but don't let that dissuade you from following your passion!Led by 20-year sports industry veteran and Work in Sports podcast host Brian Clapp, this course will teach you how to craft your resume, cover letter and personal brand that will make sports employers notice you
“I’m living proof that Brian’s advice works! I took his advice prior to applying for jobs, interviewing, and starting my internship, and it’s worked every time.”
- Jake Kernen, Florida State University
Check out the FREE preview in the course outline below - including a free downloadable worksheet!
StartMastering Your Materials [VIDEO] (1:50)
PreviewThe Seven Most Important Tips for Crafting Your Sports Career Resume (1:07)
PreviewAssignment - The Seven Most Important Tips for Your Sports Career Resume
PreviewHow to Craft the Ideal Resume for Your Sports Career [VIDEO] (15:54)
StartHow to Work with the Applicant Tracking Systems
StartGetting into the Technology of Applicant Tracking Systems
StartHow to Make Applicant Tracking Systems Work to Your Benefit [VIDEO] (8:36)
StartAssignment Applicant Tracking Systems
StartYour Comprehensive Strategy for Cover Letters
StartExamples of Cover Letter Techniques That Work (0:24)
StartAssignment - Cover Letters
StartSocial Media Profiles
StartImproving Your Online Image Before You Start Job Searching (0:25)
StartAssignment - Improving Your Online Image
StartYour Social Media Starts with LinkedIn
StartBuild Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn [VIDEO] (10:09)
StartAssignment - LinkedIn!
StartBuilding Your Brand on LinkedIn Worksheet [DOWNLOAD]
StartApproaching Social Media as a Tool for Sports Jobs
PreviewBecome a LinkedIn Power User [DOWNLOAD]
StartAdditional Podcasts Worth Absorbing
Get started now!
"I've had Brian speak in my class at Arizona State University the last two semesters and I can't stress this enough, the information he shares is life changing for my students. "
- Ed Olsen, CEO Line Drive Sports Marketing & Adjunct Professor Arizona State University.
What Do You Get?
In this course we will focus on your resume, cover letter and personal brand. These are the materials that make your first impression, and as Don Costante, Kansas City Royals Senior Director of Game Presentation told me, "Your resume has to be the single best thing you have ever created."
Couldn't agree more!
When you sign up for this course you will receive lifetime access to:
- Pages of actionable career advice focused on networking skills
- Exclusive video content
- Audio content and interviews with industry experts
- Downloadable worksheets and checklists
As you progress through the course you’ll feel your confidence grow, and learn how to let your abilities shine through. You will be armed with the tools to convince sports employers you are the real deal.
Other modules available to purchase individually, or as a complete bundle, include:
- Gaining the RIGHT Experience
- Mastering your Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Brand
- Interviewing for Jobs and Internships
Buy this course for just $39, or get all four for $99 - that's a 58% savings!
The WorkInSports.com Sports Career Game Plan is comprehensive!
“I used Brian’s tips and tricks heading into the Texas Rangers Sports Career Fair and I received two different internship offers and multiple other great connections. Thank you, Brian, this has been a real game changer”
Ben Milliet, Trinity University
Inside the Sports Career Game Plan
There are four main pillars essential to becoming the best possible candidate for jobs in the sports industry:
- Gaining the RIGHT experience [$39]
- Building and Maintaining Your Network [$39]
- Mastering Your Resume, Cover Letter, and Personal Brand [This Course]
- Interviewing for Jobs and Internships [$39]
We recognize that people absorb information differently, which is why our course content consists of written articles, audio files, videos, and worksheets.
- Our exclusive videos are hosted by course mentor Brian Clapp and provide a deeper look into the subject matter, utilizing case studies and first-hand stories to make the content come to life.
- Audio files are hand selected from the Work in Sports podcast, some are focused on a specific topic in the curriculum, while others are interviews with sports industry experts.
- Our articles are not like a textbook. There isn’t any dry content that is hard to get through, everything is written to be actionable and energized.
- Quiz yourself. At the end of each lecture, take a quiz that immediately tests your understanding of the content.
- Use our downloadable worksheets and checklists to keep yourself on track and provide a reference point for you to always refer back to.
- Access 24/7 at home, work or on the go! View the course materials on your desktop, tablet, and phone.
Industry Experts Included in the Sports Career Game Plan:
- Colleen Scoles, Philadelphia Eagles Talent Acquisition Manager
- Mailynh Vu, Cleveland Indians Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition
- Chris Valente, Fenway Sports Management Director of Sales
- Mike Judge, Cleveland Browns Recruiter and Inside Sales Manager
- Don Costante, Kansas City Royals Director of Game Entertainment
- Dan Rossetti, President Prodigy Sports Recruiting Agency
- Katie Gillen, Atlanta United FC Manager Social Media and Analytics
- Samantha Wood, Philadelphia Eagles Director of Digital and Social
- Lauren Sisler, SEC Network Reporter
- Bryan Srabian, San Francisco Giants VP of Digital Media and Brand Development
- Vincent Pierson, Minor League Baseball Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Christopher Flynn, Oakland A’s Sales Manager
- Leigh Steinberg, Iconic Sports Agent
- Emily Jaenson, Reno Aces General Manager
- Brian Killingsworth, Vegas Golden Knights Chief Marketing Officer
- Nicole Lynn, Sports Agent Young Money APAA Sports
- Dior Ginyard, NFLPA Senior Player Manager
These experts share insider information on how they got their first job, built their network and have grown in their career. They dig deep into the challenges they’ve faced, the culture of sports employment, what they look for when hiring and so much more.
In this course, you won’t just learn from Brian Clapp, you’ll learn from this esteemed group of sports industry experts!
“I just had my first sports industry interview today and got invited back for a second - I credit that to the advice you have shared! Thank you, Brian!”
Kayla Bieber, Washington State University
Brian Clapp has worked for over 20 years in the sports industry, beginning at CNN/Sports Illustrated as a Production Assistant in 1996. After working his way up to Producer, Brian branched out to Fox Sports Northwest where he was named Coordinating Producer of the Northwest Sports Report and other ancillary programs. The Boston native was promoted to News Director of Fox Sports Northwest after his first year in Seattle, where he was in charge of a multi-million dollar production budget, hiring and managing staff, journalistic decision-making and partnerships with the Seattle Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Sounders, and collegiate partners including the University of Washington and Washington State University.
After his time at Fox Sports Northwest, Brian joined the team at WorkInSports.com as Director of Content, sharing career advice and hosting the award-winning Work in Sports podcast.
You can contact Brian directly at [email protected] for any questions about this career changing course!