Interviewing for Jobs and Internships in the Sports Industry
The tips, tactics and strategies to help you stand out during the interview process, whether it's on the phone, video, group, panel or face-to-face!!
Being a "Huge Fan" Isn't Enough to Work in Sports
You have the experience, built your network and expertly crafted your resume - guess what, if you bomb the interview process none of that matters! You have to pass the final hurdle, and that means you have to be on your game for the interview.
In this course we're going to help you:
- Become more confident for phone interviews
- Learn tips and tricks to master a video interview
- Understand how to handle a group or panel interview
- See interviews from the perspective of the hiring manager
- Gain confidence in any face-to-face meetings
And a ton more!
Led by 20-year sports industry veteran and Work in Sports podcast host Brian Clapp, this course will teach you how to become confident when you speak to people in charge of hiring for sports jobs!
“I’m living proof that Brian’s advice works! I took his advice prior to applying for jobs, interviewing, and starting my internship, and it’s worked every time.”
- Jake Kernen, Florida State University
Check out the FREE preview of this course below - including one of our downloadable worksheets!
StartInterviewing for Jobs and Internships [VIDEO] (3:58)
PreviewStep-by-Step Guide to the Interview Process
PreviewAssignment - Step-by-Step Guide to the Interview Process
PreviewPodcast: The Research You Should Conduct for Every Interview
StartPodcast: Making the Right First Impression on an Interview
StartPodcast: 5 Smart Questions To Ask At the End of Each Interview
PreviewFollow Up Questions Worksheet [DOWNLOAD]
StartSeven Tips to Ensure you Crush the Phone Interview Process
StartAssignment - Seven Tips to Ensure you Crush the Phone Interview Process
StartPodcast: Tips to ensure you don’t mess up your next phone interview
StartThe Do’s and Don’ts of a Video Interview
StartAssignment - The Do’s and Don’ts of a Video Interview
StartPodcast: Tips for a Video Job Interview
StartAdvanced Tips for Face-to-Face Interviews
StartAssignment - Advanced Tips for Face-to-Face Interviews
StartPodcast: Handling Tough Interview Questions - “Tell me about yourself.”
StartPodcast: Tough Interview Questions - “What is Your Biggest Weakness”
StartThe Importance of Soft Skills
StartWhy Soft Skills Are So Important [VIDEO] (5:57)
StartAssignment - The Importance of Soft Skills
StartPodcast: Can soft skills be learned?
StartPodcast: Dealing With Nerves in Your Sports Job Interview
StartPodcast: Bombing Sports Job Interviews? Here’s how to fix it!
StartThe Three Reasons People Get Far in the Interview Process, But Don’t Get the Job
StartHow to handle an interview panel
StartFollowing Up After A Job Interview
StartAssignment - Following Up After a Job Interview
StartAdditional MUST LISTEN Podcast Episodes
Get started now!
"I've had Brian speak in my class at Arizona State University the last two semesters and I can't stress this enough, the information he shares is life changing for my students. "
- Ed Olsen, CEO Line Drive Sports Marketing & Adjunct Professor Arizona State University.
What Do You Get?
In this course we will focus on interviewing for jobs and internships. This is the most important part of the hiring process and we want you to be an expert!
When you sign up for this course you will receive lifetime access to:
- Pages of actionable career advice focused on networking skills
- Exclusive video content
- Audio content and interviews with industry experts
- Downloadable worksheets and checklists
As you progress through the course you’ll feel your confidence grow, and learn how to let your abilities shine through. You will be armed with the tools to convince sports employers you are the real deal.
Other modules available to purchase individually, or as a complete bundle, include:
- Gaining the RIGHT Experience
- Mastering your Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Brand
- Building and Maintaining Your Network
Buy this course for just $39, or get all four for $99 - that's a 58% savings!
The WorkInSports.com Sports Career Game Plan is comprehensive!
“I used Brian’s tips and tricks heading into the Texas Rangers Sports Career Fair and I received two different internship offers and multiple other great connections. Thank you, Brian, this has been a real game changer”
Ben Milliet, Trinity University
Inside the Sports Career Game Plan
There are four main pillars essential to becoming the best possible candidate for jobs in the sports industry:
- Gaining the RIGHT experience [$39]
- Building and Maintaining Your Network [$39]
- Mastering Your Resume, Cover Letter, and Personal Brand [$39]
- Interviewing for Jobs and Internships [This Course]
We recognize that people absorb information differently, which is why our course content consists of written articles, audio files, videos, and worksheets.
- Our exclusive videos are hosted by course mentor Brian Clapp and provide a deeper look into the subject matter, utilizing case studies and first-hand stories to make the content come to life.
- Audio files are hand selected from the Work in Sports podcast, some are focused on a specific topic in the curriculum, while others are interviews with sports industry experts.
- Our articles are not like a textbook. There isn’t any dry content that is hard to get through, everything is written to be actionable and energized.
- Quiz yourself. At the end of each lecture, take a quiz that immediately tests your understanding of the content.
- Use our downloadable worksheets and checklists to keep yourself on track and provide a reference point for you to always refer back to.
- Access 24/7 at home, work or on the go! View the course materials on your desktop, tablet, and phone.
Industry Experts Included in the Sports Career Game Plan:
- Colleen Scoles, Philadelphia Eagles Talent Acquisition Manager
- Mailynh Vu, Cleveland Indians Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition
- Chris Valente, Fenway Sports Management Director of Sales
- Mike Judge, Cleveland Browns Recruiter and Inside Sales Manager
- Don Costante, Kansas City Royals Director of Game Entertainment
- Dan Rossetti, President Prodigy Sports Recruiting Agency
- Katie Gillen, Atlanta United FC Manager Social Media and Analytics
- Samantha Wood, Philadelphia Eagles Director of Digital and Social
- Lauren Sisler, SEC Network Reporter
- Bryan Srabian, San Francisco Giants VP of Digital Media and Brand Development
- Vincent Pierson, Minor League Baseball Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Christopher Flynn, Oakland A’s Sales Manager
- Leigh Steinberg, Iconic Sports Agent
- Emily Jaenson, Reno Aces General Manager
- Brian Killingsworth, Vegas Golden Knights Chief Marketing Officer
- Nicole Lynn, Sports Agent Young Money APAA Sports
- Dior Ginyard, NFLPA Senior Player Manager
These experts share insider information on how they got their first job, built their network and have grown in their career. They dig deep into the challenges they’ve faced, the culture of sports employment, what they look for when hiring and so much more.
In this course, you won’t just learn from Brian Clapp, you’ll learn from this esteemed group of sports industry experts!
“I just had my first sports industry interview today and got invited back for a second - I credit that to the advice you have shared! Thank you, Brian!”
Kayla Bieber, Washington State University
Brian Clapp has worked for over 20 years in the sports industry, beginning at CNN/Sports Illustrated as a Production Assistant in 1996. After working his way up to Producer, Brian branched out to Fox Sports Northwest where he was named Coordinating Producer of the Northwest Sports Report and other ancillary programs. The Boston native was promoted to News Director of Fox Sports Northwest after his first year in Seattle, where he was in charge of a multi-million dollar production budget, hiring and managing staff, journalistic decision-making and partnerships with the Seattle Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Sounders, and collegiate partners including the University of Washington and Washington State University.
After his time at Fox Sports Northwest, Brian joined the team at WorkInSports.com as Director of Content, sharing career advice and hosting the award-winning Work in Sports podcast.
You can contact Brian directly at [email protected] for any questions about this career changing course!