Building and Maintaining Your Sports Industry Network
Learn how to build a powerful network of sports industry contacts from scratch!
Building a Network of Sports Industry Relationships is Vital to Your Success!
Very few people are born into a powerful network of industry contacts. Most of us need to work at it, and that's exactly what this course is about!
We're going to help you:
- Develop a process for identifying relationship targets
- Craft methods to make contact
- Create a plan to build the relationship into something powerful
- Introduce you to tools that will help identify and contact targets
- Build follow-up plans to help you deepen the relationships
- Learn how and when you can use your network to help you
And a ton more!
Led by 20-year sports industry veteran and Work in Sports podcast host Brian Clapp, this course will teach you how to build a thriving network that will help you climb the ladder in your sports career.
“I’m living proof that Brian’s advice works! I took his advice prior to applying for jobs, interviewing, and starting my internship, and it’s worked every time.”
- Jake Kernen, Florida State University
Check out the FREE preview in the course outline below - including a free downloadable worksheet!
StartBuilding Your Connections [VIDEO] (2:59)
PreviewBuilding Connections from Scratch, Zone by Zone
PreviewAssignment - Building Connections Zone by Zone
PreviewNetworking Cheat Sheet [DOWNLOAD]
StartPodcast: The most efficient way to start building your network
StartPodcast: The Very Honest Networking Tips You Need to Hear
StartThe Five Types of People You Need in Your Professional Network
StartAssignment - The Five Types of People You Need in Your Professional Network
StartPodcast: The Right Way to Network on Social Media
StartYour Ultimate Networking Tool [VIDEO] (10:35)
StartDeveloping a Communication Plan for Your Growing Connections
StartAssignment - Developing a Communication Plan for Your Growing Connections
StartFollow Up Plan Checklist [DOWNLOAD]
StartPodcast: Networking at a Large Sports Event
StartThe Art of the Informational Interview
StartInformational Interview Worksheet [DOWNLOAD]
StartMaximizing Events and Conferences
StartStrategy and Approach to Events and Conferences
StartAssignment - Strategy and Approach to Events and Conferences
StartPodcast: Making Deep Connections at a Conference or Networking Event
StartEight More Tactics to Get The Most Out of a Career Fair or Conference
StartCareer Fair/Conference Checklist [DOWNLOAD]
StartAdditional Podcast Episodes Related to Networking
Get started now!
"I've had Brian speak in my class at Arizona State University the last two semesters and I can't stress this enough, the information he shares is life changing for my students. "
- Ed Olsen, CEO Line Drive Sports Marketing & Adjunct Professor Arizona State University.
What Do You Get?
In this course we will focus on building and maintaining your network. The relationships and connections you build are the engine that powers your career!
When you sign up for this course you will receive lifetime access to:
- Pages of actionable career advice focused on networking skills
- Exclusive video content
- Audio content and interviews with industry experts
- Downloadable worksheets and checklists
As you progress through the course you’ll feel your confidence grow, and learn how to let your abilities shine through. You will be armed with the tools to convince sports employers you are the real deal.
Other modules available to purchase individually, or as a complete bundle, include:
- Gaining the RIGHT Experience
- Mastering your Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Brand
- Interviewing for Jobs and Internships
Buy this course for just $39, or get all four for $99 - that's a 58% savings!
The WorkInSports.com Sports Career Game Plan is comprehensive!
“I used Brian’s tips and tricks heading into the Texas Rangers Sports Career Fair and I received two different internship offers and multiple other great connections. Thank you, Brian, this has been a real game changer”
Ben Milliet, Trinity University
Inside the Sports Career Game Plan
There are four main pillars essential to becoming the best possible candidate for jobs in the sports industry:
- Gaining the RIGHT experience [$39]
- Building and Maintaining Your Network [This Course]
- Mastering Your Resume, Cover Letter, and Personal Brand [$39]
- Interviewing for Jobs and Internships [$39]
We recognize that people absorb information differently, which is why our course content consists of written articles, audio files, videos, and worksheets.
- Our exclusive videos are hosted by course mentor Brian Clapp and provide a deeper look into the subject matter, utilizing case studies and first-hand stories to make the content come to life.
- Audio files are hand selected from the Work in Sports podcast, some are focused on a specific topic in the curriculum, while others are interviews with sports industry experts.
- Our articles are not like a textbook. There isn’t any dry content that is hard to get through, everything is written to be actionable and energized.
- Quiz yourself. At the end of each lecture, take a quiz that immediately tests your understanding of the content.
- Use our downloadable worksheets and checklists to keep yourself on track and provide a reference point for you to always refer back to.
- Access 24/7 at home, work or on the go! View the course materials on your desktop, tablet, and phone.
Industry Experts Included in the Sports Career Game Plan:
- Colleen Scoles, Philadelphia Eagles Talent Acquisition Manager
- Mailynh Vu, Cleveland Indians Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition
- Chris Valente, Fenway Sports Management Director of Sales
- Mike Judge, Cleveland Browns Recruiter and Inside Sales Manager
- Don Costante, Kansas City Royals Director of Game Entertainment
- Dan Rossetti, President Prodigy Sports Recruiting Agency
- Katie Gillen, Atlanta United FC Manager Social Media and Analytics
- Samantha Wood, Philadelphia Eagles Director of Digital and Social
- Lauren Sisler, SEC Network Reporter
- Bryan Srabian, San Francisco Giants VP of Digital Media and Brand Development
- Vincent Pierson, Minor League Baseball Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Christopher Flynn, Oakland A’s Sales Manager
- Leigh Steinberg, Iconic Sports Agent
- Emily Jaenson, Reno Aces General Manager
- Brian Killingsworth, Vegas Golden Knights Chief Marketing Officer
- Nicole Lynn, Sports Agent Young Money APAA Sports
- Dior Ginyard, NFLPA Senior Player Manager
These experts share insider information on how they got their first job, built their network and have grown in their career. They dig deep into the challenges they’ve faced, the culture of sports employment, what they look for when hiring and so much more.
In this course, you won’t just learn from Brian Clapp, you’ll learn from this esteemed group of sports industry experts!
“I just had my first sports industry interview today and got invited back for a second - I credit that to the advice you have shared! Thank you, Brian!”
Kayla Bieber, Washington State University
Brian Clapp has worked for over 20 years in the sports industry, beginning at CNN/Sports Illustrated as a Production Assistant in 1996. After working his way up to Producer, Brian branched out to Fox Sports Northwest where he was named Coordinating Producer of the Northwest Sports Report and other ancillary programs. The Boston native was promoted to News Director of Fox Sports Northwest after his first year in Seattle, where he was in charge of a multi-million dollar production budget, hiring and managing staff, journalistic decision-making and partnerships with the Seattle Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Sounders, and collegiate partners including the University of Washington and Washington State University.
After his time at Fox Sports Northwest, Brian joined the team at WorkInSports.com as Director of Content, sharing career advice and hosting the award-winning Work in Sports podcast.
You can contact Brian directly at [email protected]om for any questions about this career changing course!